RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR “COMMANDER’S KEEP”
We, Catherine and David Carpenter (owners of COMMANDER’S KEEP VACATION HOME) agree to rent their said property to ___________________(“the Guests”)
from 4pm on _______ through to 11am, on __________.There will be __ persons in their party.
The Guests are responsible to leave the house and property in the same condition as it was in upon their arrival. IF there are any damages, the Guests are responsible
for themselves and their Party Members.
1. TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- No more than 8 persons sleeping overnight at the Home
- No more than 12
are permitted for a gathering / Reunion / meal
- NO PETS ALLOWED
-,NO SMOKING ALLOWED, except outside the house in designated area.
RESERVATION DEPOSIT and INSTALLMENT:
- 20% deposit of the total cost is paid at the time of Booking to hold the Reservation.
- The remaining 80% is due to be paid no later than 31 days prior (i.e._________)
to the Arrival Date, ________.
- UP TO 31 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE
TOTAL REFUND OF MONIES PAID LESS $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
- 30 DAYS TO 20 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE:
A REFUND OF 50%
OF TOTAL LESS $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
- 20 DAYS TO 7 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE:
A 25% REFUND LESS A $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
- BY 6 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE:
UNDER EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES,
REFUNDS MAY BE GIVEN WITH A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE / COMPASSIONATE REASONS.
2. DIRECTIONS TO COMMANDER’S KEEP, TRINITY, NL from ST. JOHN'S, and CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Take Trans Canada
Hwy #1 to the Exit for Hwy #230 (direction to Catalina).
- Drive approximately 42km and you will be passing the MIDWAY IRVING GAS STATION on your right.
PLEASE NOTE: As you pass MIDWAY IRVING
gas station, please call our Local Manager, JOSEPHINE, at 709-464-2025, or HEDLEY’S cell at 709-464-7166, to advise them that you have just passed MIDWAY, so they can be at the house ready to meet and greet you and give
you the keys when you arrive! NOTE: Check ahead with your cell phone provider that they will have a cell tower to connect to near Trinity, Trinity Bay, NL. Otherwise, we recommend that you stop at that gas station to phone ahead to the
Johnsons; in that way, you won’t be kept waiting when you arrive.
Drive another 20km on Hwy. #230, then...
- Turn Right onto Hwy #239 (direction to Trinity), Drive approximately 6km.
signs to Town of Trinity. Turn Left onto the Main Road to Trinity.
- Take road past the RBC Bank (on left) and the Trinity Mercantile (on right) to Dandy Street.
- Turn Right on Dandy Lane....then
- Turn right at Church Road.
immediately turn Left on Clinch’s Lane.
- Go straight and up the hill between two white houses, passing the NO EXIT sign. At the top of the hill you will find yourself in the driveway of Commander’s Keep!
KEYS: Up to 3 sets of keys (as needed) will be given to the Guests by the Managers.
4. EMERGENCY: The local managers, Hedley and Josephine, are on call for any emergencies
24/7 on their home (709-464-2025) or cell number (709-464-7611). For supplies or questions about the area, they may be contacted from 8am-8pm.
5. EQUIPMENT: There is no BBQ as it is too windy on the deck: the
grill would either be blown out or the flames COULD be a fire hazard risk to the wooden house. In the kitchen there is cast iron grill for on the stove top. The kitchen is a gourmet kitchen and is equipped with top quality cookware, glassware and utensils.
There are four heavy outdoor chairs and one table on the deck, and a two-seater chair along the path at the south end of the property for the use of our guests.
Flashlights, alarm clocks with iPod docks, binoculars, walking sticks, picnic basket,
and blankets, and a house sewing repair kit are all also provided for the use of our guests.
Top quality sheets, blankets, quilts, terry robes, soap, shampoo, and toilet paper are all provided for our guests.
Tea, coffee, flour, sugar, salt and
pepper are the basic supplies in the kitchen, as well as paper towels, dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, and garbage bags.
Laundry detergent is provided for guests’ private laundry. Guests agree to comply with the rule that they will not wash
the linens and towels belonging to CK, as only the housekeepers will attend to that task. Guests will contact the Managers if fresh linens are required.
Free WiFi, free digital TV, free local telephone calling, DVD’s, books, and games are provided
for our guests.
A Welcome Gift of firewood is provided by the owners. Should additional firewood be required by our guests, they can purchase additional wood from our manager or from the local store in Port Rexton.
mid-Stay to be arranged between the Guests and Alma (709-464-2062).
7. Information Book: The Guests agree to read and follow info provided in the COMMANDER’S KEEP BOOK found on the dining room table upon arrival.
8. Transportation of Guests: The Guests will be independently responsible for travel arrangements for themselves and any members of their party to and from the property.
Our signature(s) below indicate that
we agree with all the above clauses listed in the rental agreement between ourselves and the owners.
________________ __________________ _________________ _________
COMMANDER’S KEEP WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY:
The person(s) signing this Waiver acknowledges he/she will be occupying the Commander’s Keep Vacation Home and property (“Property”), owned by David and Catherine Carpenter (“Carpenters”), and in consideration
of the rental agreement with the Carpenters and such occupation I/we acknowledge, understand, and agree as follows:
The Property is located on a promontory and that the area around the house, which is not landscaped, is of uneven terrain. I also understand that the area is subject to high winds at times. I acknowledge that if I am not careful I may expose myself to the
risk of injury or death, or damage to my property damage. I assume all risks in connection with my occupation of the Property, including inside and outside the house.
- On behalf of myself (or my child or ward), spouse, heirs,
and legal representatives, I release and forever discharge the Carpenters and their employees from any and all liability, injury, loss and damage including personal injury and death and damage to property that may arise from the use of the Property by me and
those who are included in my rental agreement (the “Included Persons”) with the Carpenters.
- I agree if an action or claim in respect of personal injury (including death) to me (or my child or ward or Included
Persons) or damage to my (or my child’s or ward’s or Included Person’s) property is commenced against the Carpenters or their employees, I shall defend, indemnify and save harmless Carpenters and their employees from any and all such claims
by whomsoever and wheresoever.
I understand that the purpose of this agreement is to exempt, release, and relieve the Carpenters and their employees from any and all liability for personal injury
(including death) or property damage caused by negligence, fault, or any other reason, including the negligence, fault, or other liability of the Carpenters and their employees.
3. This waiver of liability and indemnification shall operate in favour
of the Carpenters and their employees and their respective agents, heirs, successors, and assigns. This waiver of liability and indemnification shall operate to bind me/us and my/our heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your signature on this Waiver and Indemnification will release the Carpenters and/or their employeesfrom any legal responsibility
and will restrict your right to bring legal action against the Carpenters (and their heirs) and/or their employees (and their heirs).
________________________ __________________ _________________
COMMANDER’S KEEP VACATION HOME